According to renowned cannabis grower, Jorge Cervantes, “The Cannabis Plant is plagued by more than 200 diseases and pests. Diseases are caused by bacteria, fungi, nematodes, and viruses.” Most of these diseases are caused by poor sanitation procedures in the grow area. For indoor growers, fungi such as powdery mildew, and spider mites are the most common plant diseases.
If you’ve noticed diseased plants in your grow area, isolating the plants, and destroying the affected leaves is the first thing to do. Once the diseased plants have been isolated, the grow room itself is still contaminated. To prevent the spread of disease it is important for Premier Can Clean to perform an Emergency Decontamination.
Plant isolation is not enough to thoroughly mitigate and prevent the spreading of microscopic fungi spores. Our Emergency Decontamination procedures are designed to contain the disease, and then thoroughly clean and disinfec the grow area, thereby preventing the disease from spreading. Some fungi such as bud rot (Botrytis) can infect an entire crop in days, so it’s important to thoroughly decontaminate the grow area as quickly as possible.
Our Emergency Decontamination Services Include:
- A customized decontamination plan unique for each property
- The use of the latest decontamination equipment to eliminate airborne spores which can cross contaminate healthy plants
- A thorough cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of the grow room, tools, and equipment
- The use of ‘green’ products wherever possible
Things You Should Know:
- Molds and fungi do not use seeds to reproduce. Molds and fungi produce microscopic spores that are easily carried in the slightest breeze, similarly to a dandelion’s puffy seed pods carried by the wind. These spores are easily transported and must be eliminated to prevent further contamination.
- The fans commonly used in a grow room also can easily cross contaminate the entire room. The airflow moves spores to all surfaces in the room that must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to prevent further contamination. If the outbreak is severe, it may be wise to replace some of the hard-to-clean yet relatively inexpensive equipment such as fans.
- Consuming contaminated cannabis can make the user very sick. While some diseases can be treated on the plants, most experienced growers will recommend isolating the diseased plants and destroying them.
- For insurance and liability purposes, Premier Can Clean cannot treat, move, or handle any cannabis plants. We ask to have all plants completely removed from the grow area and recommend that the diseased plants be separated from the healthy ones.
- Molds and fungi grow on organic substrates with greater than 15% moisture content. It is suggested to store your cured cannabis in jars that are opened periodically to allow for adequate ventilation. It is also suggested to store the jars in a cool, dry place.
Why Premier Can Clean?
A disease outbreak can be a devastating occurrence and it happens all too often. Premier Can Clean specializes in rapidly decontaminating a grow room so that your unaffected plants can continue to thrive in a clean environment. Our background is in the insurance restoration industry where cleaning mold and remediating sewage is a daily activity. Our unique background which specialized tools, equipment, and techniques are well adapted to a grower’s needs of fast, thorough, and effective decontamination.